Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Coaching Journey

At the advice of a friend of mine, I decided to chronicle my journey to become a head coach!

For those who do not know me, my dream is to one day be a very very successful head coach of a major high school.  I would really love the opportunity one day to move to Texas or Florida and become a coaching legend there.  I also want to become a high school counselor.  The reason I want to do this is because I see a lot of kids who need someone to show they actually care about them and they need positive black male role models in their life.  I want to to show my players that sports is a great outlet and a great way to stay in trouble, but that it is not the only way to improve your current situation.

I finally feel like I am ready to become a head coach so I have started my search.  There are a few smaller schools I plan on applying to so I am hoping for the best.

The first part of the process for me is finishing school.  I am taking 18 credit hours this semester and 6 credit hours during the summer so I can start my teaching classes in the fall.  I know this will be tough especially working full time but whatever it takes for me to achieve this dream I am willing to do!  When I start my teaching classes a school will be able to hire as a contracted teacher.

Over the next coming weeks I will continue to update you on how things are panning out and also on what I am doing to achieve my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to watch you succeed in life :) you are a great person!! I know you will achieve your goal!

    ReplyDelete