Monday, February 14, 2011

Patience

I think the Lord is trying to teach me a valuable lesson right now concerning patience.  And like many people who are learning a lesson I am struggling with this one.

Everyone knows me knows I want to be a head football coach and they also know I want to be one like yesterday, but it's been a struggle with this whole process.  The thing holding me back is my youth and lack of experience, now I know I am able and capable to do a great job but schools just don't see that yet, so I have to pay my dues and be patient.  i think my youth will help me as a coach because a lot of these issues the high school kids are dealing with I can relate to because I was in their position not that long ago.

I also was hoping to find a job close to Indy so I can move home and be close to my family and my friends.  My mom recently has found a new boyfriend who makes her so happy and I am so thankful for that, but I know soon she will be moving home (Tennessee) which I can't blame her, but I was hoping to get home to be closer to her and her new bf so I can spend good time with them before they move.  Now the only issue with this is, if I move home I will have to find a new job, and then a new job that will allow me to coach, I could work at a school but since I don't have my teaching license I would just be an hourly employee and I wouldn't get paid when we are not in school (Summer vacation, Christmas, snow days etc)  So I think the best thing for me is to stay at my job (which is a good job) and try to coach around here in Lafayette. 

Overall i think God is telling me I need to be patient either because I am destined for so much more or that I am just not quite ready for the blessing he has in store for me.  Either way I will stay faithful!  I know that no matter what my girlfriend supports me!  My family has my back! and my FRIENDS will ALWAYS be there for me regardless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment